I realize I haven’ t posted a recipe in ages. So, let’s get cooking one of my favourite dishes, Spicy Chicken! I really love this dish. I warn you, it’s addictive! Something about the mixture of sweet and spicy…so yummy.
- 12 chicken thighs (skinless)
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp crushed dried red chillies
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar (I use sucanat)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 chopped red or orange pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- I like to chop the chicken thighs into smaller pieces, but you can cook them whole.
- Mix together the lemon juice, ginger, garlic, salt, sugar, honey and crushed red chillies in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped red pepper and coriander to the marinade.
- Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and coat them well.
- You can place the dish in the fridge to marinade for 1/2 hour (I usually don’t bother).
- Place the chicken thighs in an oven proof dish and pour remaining marinade over top.
- Cook for 45-55 minutes, depending on your oven.
I serve this dish with millet, but it goes well with rice and couscous also. Enjoy!