Happy Saturday lovelies!
Today, we’re going to cook one of my favourite dishes – Chicken Parmesan. Don’t forget to don your vintage apron and let’s get our ingredients in order.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (you can use breasts if you wish)
- 10-12 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup of bread crumbs. I simply toast a piece of my favourite bread, cut it up or take the hammer to it. Seriously, I do hammer it! *pow*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Let’s Get Cooking!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the onion and cook until tender.
- Add the garlic, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and oregano to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in the beaten egg and coat both sides with the bread crumb mixture.
- At this point you can pre-cook the chicken for a few minutes in a frying pan (don’t forget to add some olive oil). I never do this because it always turns into a BIG mess. Instead, I coat the chicken in the bread crumb mixture, put it in a casserole dish and pre-cook it in the oven for about 10 minutes (before adding the sauce).
- After you’ve pre-cooked your chicken add 3/4 of the tomato sauce over top of it. Then arrange the mozzarella slices and pour the remaining sauce in.
- Add more grated Parmesan on top.
- Cook for about 30-35 minutes, depending on your oven.
Trust me, this is one delicious dish!
I’ve altered this recipe to my liking, but you can check out the original version on Now…we’re cooking! While you’re there, do explore the site thoroughly as there are some amazing recipes.