In keeping with the theme of the previous post, Oh, for the Love of…Playing Card Novelty Prints, here is a recipe I’m about to try out for jam filled playing card cookies. Look at them, so sweet and hopefully very tasty!
Let’s Get Baking! Don’t forget to don your playing card apron. ;0
Jam Filled Playing Card Recipe, from Epicurious:
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 3/4 sticks (3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam, heated and strained
- 1/2 cup apricot jam, heated and strained
Preparation: for the full preparation and cooking directions visit Epicurious.com. Please note: the prep time is 2 1/4 hr and with the baking time that’s 4 1/2 hr total!
Let me know how the cookies turn out!